Forbidden Technologies plc (“Forbidden“) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Before using this website or any interactive service provided through it (e.g. Forscene or CLESH) (our “Site“) please read the information below carefully.
References to “you” and “your” are references to the person accessing our Site.
References to “we“, “us” and “our” are references to Forbidden or its subsidiary companies.
Forbidden is a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Personal data: Forbidden collects your personal data when, without limitation, you:
- register on our Site;
- order or subscribe to any product or service via the Forbidden website www.forbidden.co.uk or through one of our distributors
- contact us (eg. by telephone, email etc)
It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal data you provide to us is accurate and up-to-date and can be lawfully provided to us for its intended purpose.
The personal data you provide will only be used for the purpose for which it is provided, unless we inform you otherwise at the time you provide this data. You may inform us at any time if you wish us to cease using your personal data.
Non-identifiable information: Forbidden will from time to time collect information from you that does not reveal your personal identity. Information may include details of your visit to our Site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data) and any resources you access. We may also collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We use this information for our marketing purposes. This information is only used in aggregate form and is not connected to any name, address or other personal identifying information.
Use of personal information
You agree to Forbidden collecting, processing and storing personal data collected from you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, products and services you request from us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to contact you with information about your registration details and/or your account details;
- for the purpose of providing a personalised service;
to ensure the content on our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to tell you about information, products and services we feel may interest you or news or events, in each case provided by Forbidden or one of our strategic partners or distributors (each a “Supplier”) (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (including through supplying your personal data to us), have expressed an interest in receiving such information, or are a customer of any Supplier). PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT UNDER SECTION 11 DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 TO REQUIRE US OR ANY OTHER DATA CONTROLLER BY WRITTEN NOTICE TO CEASE TO USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES AT ANY TIME;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our Site (should you wish to do so);
- to conduct market research surveys or invite you to enter competitions (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes);
- to notify you about any changes to our services.
Where relevant, Forbidden may disclose your personal data to any member of the Forbidden group from time to time, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We will not ordinarily make your personal data available to third parties, however, we may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- who are partners of Forbidden and who we require to process personal data in order to provide services on our behalf;
- to our distributors where you are a customer of that distributor;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Forbidden or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Forbidden’s customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligations or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions, Blog Policy and/or other agreements;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of Forbidden, our customers or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection);
- if in our opinion a third party has a legitimate reason for requesting the information.
By placing an order for our products or services you may be subject to a standard credit check. You agree that the personal data you provide may be disclosed by us to a licensed credit reference agency which may retain a record of any searches conducted.
We may also transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) to which you consent (see below: “Storage and transfer of your personal data”).
Storage and transfer of your personal data
Forbidden shall take steps to ensure that any storage of your personal data in or transfer of your personal data to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area (EEA), whose laws provide for a different standard of protection for your personal data than that provided under English law, shall be made subject to contractual arrangements which will require that your personal data be processed to at least a standard compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transaction is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
There may be links on our Site to third party websites which Forbidden has no control over. Forbidden accepts no responsibility or liability for any third party practices on third party websites. Forbidden advises you to carefully read third party privacy statements prior to the use of any third party website.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information about you. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Forbidden Technologies plc
27-37 St. George’s Road
London SW19 4EU