Forbidden Technologies, the AIM quoted developer of a market leading Cloud video platform for the social media world, is pleased to announce that it will be showcasing ground-breaking additions to FORscene at the Broadcast Video Expo 2012 (BVE) between 14-16 February.
The main new features on show will be: FORscene Multicam, a fully functioning Cloud multicam solution with support for up to nine concurrent cameras; new integrated features for live editing of News and Sport; major upgrades to the high end FORscene Server;
advances in administrative features; and sophisticated Avid integration in tapeless workflows.
Other features on show look to the future of the professional video industry. Integrated mobile access, Web publishing and integration with social networks are all recent additions to the FORscene platform.
BVE is held annually in London at the Earls Court 2 exhibition hall.
It showcases over 300 professional broadcast companies
exhibiting to over 15,000 broadcast, video and audio professionals and is the largest event of its kind in the UK.
Following the show, there will be a series of free seminars for existing FORscene users to sharpen up their FORscene logging and editing skills. Details will be available on the Forbidden stand.
Stephen Streater, CEO of Forbidden Technologies plc, says:
“FORscene is the worlds most widely used Cloud video post-production platform, having handled over 2,000,000 hours of professionally shot video. A widespread increase in adoption over the last year has gone hand in hand with major upgrades,
including nine-camera Multicam, sophisticated Avid integration for tapeless workflows and features for News and Sport.
The Android app, Clesh, is a fun addition, putting the FORscene Cloud in your pocket. Its full end-to-end mobile workflow demonstrates the power of Forbiddens unique technology, with shooting, logging, editing, publishing and HD distribution on social networking sites.”
Forbidden will be exhibiting on stand L56 to showcase the worlds most advanced Cloud post production platform.
For further information please visit www.forbidden.co.uk or contact:
Forbidden Technologies plc
Tel: +44 (0)20 8879 7245
Deepali Schneider / Natalie Quinn / Lynne Goulding
Tel: +44 (0)20 7562 3350
Notes to Editors
Forbidden Technologies plc
Forbidden Technologies plc (AIM: FBT, www.forbidden.co.uk) floated in February 2000.
The Company develops and markets a powerful internet video platform, FORscene, which is used by broadcasters, in professional web video, in education and by consumers. FORscene is one of the worlds most advanced browser-based applications, operating in The Cloud.
Broadcast Video Expo
Discover all that is new in the world of content creation, post and content delivery. BVE will showcase over 300 companies exhibiting alongside an extensive programme of free, high-end seminar content. Join over 15,000 broadcast, video and audio professionals at the largest event of its kind in the UK.
No other show in the UK offers the variety and quality of broadcast, video and audio related manufacturers, suppliers and service providers all under one roof! And, as its the first broadcast show of the year, you will be among the first to see whats new for 2012.
Key new FORscene features on show:
- Up to nine cameras
- Sync to timecode (eg time-of-day); frame accurate adjustment
- Log single cameras or multicam
- Shot selection, assembly edit
- Multi-CPU decode for all single and multicam videos
News and Sport:
- Record live audio commentary into FORscene on your PC or Mac
- Publish full audio quality in FORscene High Definition conform
- Editing from live sources as they come in
- Support for MOS protocol
- Simple cross platform file sharing
- Advanced Work Order Management features under development
- Review and approval on Android and iPad2 within FORscene Cloud
- Full Cloud shooting, editing and publishing workflows on Android
- Optimised versions for ARM CPUs
- Single sign on for Android
- Mobile device joins FORscene Cloud allowing cross platform access
- Direct publishing to Social Networking sites
- HTML5 publishing and hosting
- JPEG output size options
- Overview of data flows on ingest
- Fine control of ingest and upload priorities
- On demand access from remote sites to content on FORscene Server
- Temporary “reduce internet use” button for contended links
- Support for tapeless ingest, including disk labels
- Optimisations for tapeless workflows with tens of thousands of clips
- Support for more APIs to integrate with third party systems
- Support for exporting a much wider range of Avid AAFs
- A large increase in Cloud capacity
- Transparent updates to the latest Linux releases